At Dave’s Mechanical Services, LLC we have been serving our customers since 2006. While our factory-trained technicians provide a myriad of information when speaking to our clients, we believe that educating our consumers should expand beyond in-person and telephone interaction.
In order to better serve our customers and potential customers, we created a consumer education center where we will provide advice, how-to’s, best practices, answers to the most commonly asked questions and more! We encourage you to browse through our relevant and timely FAQ’s, blogs, videos and other resources. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our blogs are full of the latest information that will help you make the most informed decisions as well as tips and tricks.
Much like our blogs, you’ll find a lot of useful information, tips, and tricks as well as demonstrations in our videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
In our 12 years of experience, we’ve had many people ask us the same questions so we thought it’d be helpful to put them all in one place in case you have the same questions, too.
We Can Repair and Maintain or Replace your Heating System
We provide quality workmanship for installations, maintenance, and repairs for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and refrigeration including:
- Air Cleaners
- Air Conditioning
- Commercial Contracts
- Energy Controllers
- Gas Conversions
- Heat Pumps
- Oil Warm Wire Radiant Heat
- Preventive Maintenance
- Radiant Heat
- Residential Contracts
- Roof Top Units
- Service Contracts
- Solar Heating
- Water Heaters
- Well Pump Controls
Consumer Education Series
Dave’s Mechanical Service is pleased to be a member of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America. The ACCA is a trusted, non-profit third-party designed to help provide consumers with resources and answers to a wide variety of questions. Download a copy of the ComforTools brochures from the ACCA for more information on the topics below.
- Clean Your Coils
- What is the Cost of Comfort?
- Adding Zone Dampers to Your HVAC System
- Addressing Moisture Problems
- Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Indoor Comfort Starts with Professional Design
- Is Your Air Clean?
- Locking Caps Guard Against Huffing
- Manage Your Moisture
- Orphan Gas Appliances
- Quality Installation – You Get What You Pay For
- The Truth About Mold
- The Wrong Insulation Can Cost You Money
- The Wrong Replacement Filter Can Cost You Money
- Using Less Energy Won’t Leave You Cold
- What Are You Paying for with HVAC Services
- What is Formicary Corrosion & How Is It Stopped?
- What is Testing and Balancing and Why is It Important?
- Who Ever Heard of Upgrading Ductwork?
- Why Did the Home Inspector Say I Need Another Expert?
- Why is the Price of R22 Refrigerant So High?
- You May Need More Outside Air In Your Home
- Your Comfort Starts with Comfort Design
Save Money with Energy Efficient Heating & Cooling Products!
Although costs vary by location, it typically costs about $600 a year to heat and cool the average home — nearly half of your home’s annual energy bill!
Ask About ENERGY STAR®
You can lower your energy costs by installing an energy efficient ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling system. For example, ENERGY STAR qualified central air conditioners are about 20% more efficient than today’s standard efficiency products, and ENERGY STAR qualified furnaces are about 15% more efficient than current standard models. The price difference of ENERGY STAR qualified equipment will be paid back over time through lower energy bills.
For more information, see the Energy Star Guide on this website.